“If I had just put on my PPE.”

Donnie Johnson is an experienced electrician. He knew he should have put on his PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) before working on the electrical panel that day. But, he admits, he just didn’t want to take the extra minutes needed to gear up.

That decision would change Donnie’s life. The panel that he was repairing exploded in an arc blast. He was severely burned, so badly that his wife says that when she first saw him in the hospital she didn’t recognize him. “He was charred black,” she said.

Donnie spent thirty days in a coma, underwent six surgeries, and endured a year in recovery…all because he was too busy to stop for his PPE.

Spend a few minutes watching Donnie’s story. He is living proof of the importance of PPE.