Incident Energy Studies
Arc Flashes Kill
Arc flashes kill. EACH day, an arc flash kills one to two people. Electrical arc blasts injure another five to ten people. An estimated 80% of all electrical injures are burns from arc flashes igniting people’s clothing.
Companies implement electrical safety programs in hopes of safeguarding their people and their property. Unfortunately, those programs aren’t always thorough enough, aren’t implemented correctly, or maintained adequately. This is where Bowtie Engineering™ comes in.
An Incident Energy Study
Bowtie conducts comprehensive Incident Energy Studies to determine the vulnerability of a plant, a building or a company. We use our six-step standardized, proven process based on NFPA 70E and OSHA guidelines and regulations.
As part of a Bowtie study, our NFPA 70E qualified team will:
- Perform an arc flash analysis
- Diagnose existing or potential problems
- Label and identify equipment and hazards
- Identify and recommend Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Provide NFPA and OSHA safety training
- Coordinate devices
- Prepare a detailed incident energy study
- Arc flash loss prevention experts
- Licensed PE, CEM, CDSM
- Electrical engineers
- Licensed electricians
- FLIR certified thermographers
- Environmental health and safety experts
- ASP, CET, CESP, BCSP
- OSHA 500, 501, 511
- NFPA 70E qualified personnel
- NFPA 70E approved trainers
Standalone or Integrated
A Bowtie Incident Energy Study can be a standalone service or be part Bowtie’s three-piece integrated service program.
Incident Energy Study Benefits
Bowtie Incident Energy Studies, which go beyond traditional arc flash studies, provide a host of benefits to our customers, including:
- Reduces risk
- Incorporates an extra level of maintenance beyond that outlined in the current version of NFPA 70E
- Improves cost benefit
- Satisfies OSHA 1910 CFR 29
- Improvements to the electrical safety program